Posted on 19 October, 2020 News
If you are thinking of making a change to your alcohol use during October or at any time here are some simple tips that might help.
- Remember what is motivating you to make a change (health, relationships, behaviour).
- Have a realistic and achievable plan (you don't need to change everything right from the start).
- Let friends and family know about your plan and how important it is to you as they could be a valuable source of support.
- Swap stronger beers or wine to ones with a lower strength.
- Cut down on the size of your drinks - a bottle instead of a pint or a small glass of wine instead of a large one.
- Try alternating your drinks with water or orange
- Take a break with drink free days each week.
- Keep a record of your progress and achievements (journal, diary, notes)
- Celebrate any success you have by telling your family and friends or share on social media to inspire others who are thinking about making a change.
For more information on Alcohol and its effects visit Drugs & Alcohol NI
Start360 believes in positive change. We help people to find something to believe in when they need it most.