Posted on 21 June, 2020 News
A Good Night Out With Alcohol
Alcohol remains the No.1 drug of choice in N. Ireland.
Meeting up with friends for a drink can be a great way to relax and have a good time. As we head towards the hospitality sector reopening after lock down there will be more opportunity to get out and enjoy ourselves.
We would like to share a few tips so you don't end up like Chardonnay,
- Know your limits - drinking sensibly can make for a great night, drinking beyond your limits can lead to a night you would rather forget
- Drink slowly, alternate with food and/or water to keep hydrated and slow alcohol absorption
- Alcohol is a depressant – it can affect your reason, judgement and coordination, and slows down your reaction time and may increase risk
- Know how you are getting home and have a fully charged phone with you
- Look out for your friends
- Never leave your drink unattended
For more information visit Drugs and Alcohol NI