The BHSCT Employability Service provides intensive employability support for young people leaving care in Belfast.
The service will:
- Address the education, training and employment needs of care experienced young people.
- Offer workplace tours, job sampling, work placements and support with securing employment.
- Provide support for up to 45 young people leaving care at any one time.
- Liaise with Trust staff regarding referrals, assessment and pathway planning for young people accessing the scheme.
- Provide a minimum of 1,500 direct support hours each year (30 hours per week).
- Provide a referral pathway through the Trust teams.
Quote from service user:
“Helps take the responsibility of young people having to sort things out directly themselves. Provides information in a way we would understand. Helps widen opportunities to meet goals”