BHSCT Employability Mentoring service provides intensive employability mentoring support for young people leaving care in Belfast.
The service will:
- Address the education, training and employment needs of care experienced young people.
- Provide Mentoring support to a minimum of 30 young people leaving care each year.
- Provide weekly one hour mentoring sessions (or more often if required) Monday to Friday 8.30am-4.30pm. Weekend or evening sessions will be provided on request from the young person.
- Liaise with Trust staff regarding referrals, assessment and pathway planning for young people accessing the scheme.
- Provide a minimum of 1,322 direct support hours each year.
Quote from service user:
“You are always here for me always when I need you so thank you for that. Thank you for your support, thank you for being here for me”.